martes, 20 de septiembre de 2011

Ser Maestro...

Ever since  I can remember, I always dreamed about becoming a teacher.  During my childhood years, I always pretended to be a teacher with my neighbors.  I used to imitate my greatest inspiration, my mother, and the great teachers I had as models.
Later on, in my adolescent years, I did lots of babysitting to my nieces and nephews.  
From this experience, and having my own children, I have also learned a lot.  Becoming a teacher, and many years of teaching experience in Boston and Puerto Rico, have given me the opportunity to dedicate my life to this passion.  I have worked with excellent supervisors and fellow teachers, who have also given me the opportunity of growing as a professional in this career.  I believe a good teacher should meet the needs of each child by being a facilitator, and a guide, since every child is unique.  A good teacher can be defined as someone who always pushes students to want to do their best while at the same time trying to make the learning experience both interesting and creative. 
Finally, I want to share with you a very important life lesson I have also learned: 
Teacher Mari Net
Elementary English Teacher

“Follow your dreams and love your passion”.